UPDATED: Informational meetings about 2017 PEBTF benefit changes
Your benefits are changing!
- You will have to choose a new medical plan for 2017.
- New health plans and benefit designs will be offered – you will have your choice of two PPOs or an HMO (offered in Pennsylvania) with different copays for medical services.
- PPO buy-up costs for those hired on or after August 1, 2003 are decreasing.
The Pennsylvania Employees Benefit Trust Fund (PEBTF) will host meetings in September for you to learn more about the benefit changes, ask questions and speak one-on-one with PEBTF and medical plan representatives. All of the meetings will offer the same information so choose whichever date and location is convenient for you.
THERE WILL BE TWO MEETINGS AT EACH LOCATION:
11 a.m. to Noon and 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 14 – Forum Auditorium, 500 Walnut St., Harrisburg, PA
- Thursday, September 22 – Doubletree Pittsburgh/Monroeville, 101 Mall Blvd., Monroeville, PA
- Tuesday, September 27 – Loews Hotel, 1200 Market St., Philadelphia, PA
- Wednesday, September 28 – The Woodlands Inn, 1073 Highway 315, Wilkes-Barre, PA
- Tuesday, October 18 – Bayfront Convention Center, 1 Sassafras Pier, Erie, PA
- Wednesday, October 19 – Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown, 600 Commonwealth Place, Pittsburgh, PA
- Wednesday, October 19 – Monroeville Convention Center, 209 Mall Blvd., Monroeville, PA
- Thursday, October 20 – Blair County Convention Center, One Convention Center Drive, Altoona, PA
- Friday, October 21 – Forum Auditorium, 500 Walnut St., Harrisburg, PA
- Monday, October 24 – Crowne Plaza Reading Hotel, 1741 Paper Mill Road, Wyomissing, PA
- Tuesday, October 25 – Norristown State Hospital, Bldg 33 Auditorium, 1001 Sterigere Street, Norristown, PA
- Wednesday, October 26 – Philadelphia Marriott Downtown, 1201 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA
- Thursday, October 27 – Farm Show, Keystone Conf. Center, 2300 North Cameron St., Harrisburg, PA (Enter via Maclay St. Entrance)
- Friday, October 28 – Radisson Penn Harris, 1150 Camp Hill By-Pass, Camp Hill, PA
- Monday, October 31 – Selinsgrove Center, Central Building, 1000 Route 522, Selinsgrove, PA
- Tuesday, November 1 – Hilton Scranton & Conference Center, 100 Adams Avenue, Scranton, PA
- Wednesday, November 2 – The Woodlands Inn, 1073 Highway 315, Wilkes-Barre, PA
Subject to operational requirements, employees will be given two hours off from work plus necessary travel time to attend an Informational Meeting. Sign-in sheets will be available at each meeting.
Online Informational Meetings
If you cannot attend one of the Informational Meetings, you may participate in a live webinar – it will be the same presentation that you would hear at a meeting and you will be able to ask questions at the end.
- Thursday, September 15 – 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Thursday, September 29 – 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Registration is on a first come, first serve basis and will be limited to 500 participants.
- Go to www.pebtf.org
- Click on the 2016 Open Enrollment box to get started
The webinar will be recorded so you may view the presentation online at your convenience throughout the Open Enrollment period.
Your computer must be equipped with speakers to hear the audio.
Open enrollment is October 17-November 4, 2016. Watch your mail for a newsletter in early October. Detailed information about your benefit options will be included in the newsletter as well as in emails and on the PEBTF website. Open Enrollment Benefit Fairs will be held throughout the state – you will be able to attend a presentation and ask questions. You will have to make a decision for 2017 so take some time to review the important information.